Until I started my blog, I didn’t really have an outlet for feelings, issues, dreams, decisions, etc. Yes, I can talk to my husband but there’s only so much talking my husband can do. I appreciate it though because he’s the quiet to my chatty, and the calm to my crazy. Just how it should be.
I also journal but I feel like journaling just has limitations. What I mean by that is, you must have your specific journaling book with you all at times, if when you have a spontaneous thought you want to immediately write about it. As crazy as it sounds, a computer, tablet, phone or electronic device with internet access is usually always more accessible.
Blogging is also my preference because it allows you to be part of something bigger than yourself. It has allowed me to open up and say things I normally wouldn’t because blogging is real. You don’t have to sugar coat and only talk about the “nice” stuff because no one wants to hear that you have it all together. Well, just to confirm, I DON’T have it all together. Sometimes I don’t even have it a little bit together, just depends which day you ask.
I truly do think it’s one of the only places you can find the raw truth about other people’s lives. We just want to be able to relate to other people and know that we aren’t the only one struggling.
You aren’t the only one:
- Trying to make the finances work and budgeting like it’s your day job
- Working overtime in hopes of a better life for you and your family
- Trying to fight the battle of weight loss but sneaking a cheat snack in
- Finding unknown substances on your shirt right before you leave for work (this happened the other day in fact)
- Deciding between sitting down for the first time today or vacuuming the carpet that’s begging to be cleaned
- Juggling between mommy, wifey and me time (Question, what is ME TIME?)
- Trying to remember when you washed your hair or shaved your legs last
- Trying to be the best you can be
So, remember that you’re not alone.
If you need a pick me up? Want to vent? BLOGGING. Need a way to think through big decisions? Need advice? BLOGGING. Want to inspire others? Make new friends? BLOGGING!
Happy BLOGGING everyone!
P.S. Help me celebrate my 20th post!